Great North Museum:Hancock, Newcastle
A series of talks and discussion by leading Tyne Kittiwake researchers and practitioners:
– John Coulson, author of ‘Kittiwake’ and one of the world experts on Kittiwakes will talk about the results of 60 years of his research on Kittiwakes and the new discoveries that have been made by studying the Tyne Kittiwakes.
– Local seabird expert Dan Turner will look at the size and distribution of the Tyne Kittiwake population in recent times.
– Chris Redfern will describe the results from his work fitting location recording devices to the Tyne Kittiwakes.
– Peter Bell from Gateshead Council will highlight what we have learnt from the creation of the Kittiwake Tower near the Baltic art gallery and how these lessons could be applied in future.
– Question and answer sessions with the speakers.
This event is being hosted by the Natural History Society of Northumbria as part of the North East Marine Wildlife Festival and is open to non-members.