Dr Angus Lunn
Vice President, Botany Section
Angus is Vice-President of NHSN, a Trustee, a member of the General Purposes Committee, Botany lead, a course tutor and has also edited the Transactions.
His interests include botany/ecology and geology (especially the geology and biology of the Quaternary)
Professionally, he holds and has held a number of positions:
- trustee Northumberland Wildlife Trust
- voluntary sector member of North Pennines AONB Partnership
- (former) Head of Adult Education, Univ of Newcastle
- (former) Chair, Council for National Parks
- (former) Secretary of State appointee on Northumberland National Park Committee
- (former) elected member of district council, and chair of Planning Committee and of Finance and General Purposes Committee
- (former) board member of Northern Development Company
- (former) chair of Northern Naturalists’ Union
- (former) trustee Lake District Naturalist’s Trust (now Cumbria WT)
Angus is also the author of Northumberland (2004), Volume 95 in the Collins New Naturalist Series.