Terms and conditions
The Natural History Society of Northumbria (NHSN), registered charity number 526770, whose address is Great North Museum – Hancock, Barras Bridge, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4PT is responsible for the NHSN website – www.nhsn.org.uk.
In consideration of NHSN allowing you access to the website you are deemed to accept our terms and conditions of use. Please read them carefully. If you do not accept these terms and conditions of use, do not use the NHSN website.
Our terms and conditions of use may be changed. Please review them regularly. If you continue to use the website after a change has been made to the terms and conditions you are deemed to have accepted them.
Use of the NHSN website
NHSN or its licensors or contributors own the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the material on the NHSN website. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, adapt or otherwise use any material on the website other than for your own personal non-commercial use.
You may not use the website:-
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material, the publication, dissemination, use or possession of which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect;
- in any way which is abusive, defamatory or obscene or which will harass, distress or inconvenience any person or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person;
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation;
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the website, without written permission from NHSN;
- to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the website to any third party, without written permission from the NHSN;
- in such a way so as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with these terms; or
- in any way that might bring NHSN into disrepute.
Personal Data & Protection
NHSN are committed to protecting your privacy and security. Whenever you provide personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with current UK Data Protection legislation. We respect your privacy and will not sell your personal data to any third party.
You can use most of the features of this site without disclosing any personal information. A few optional features of this site, such as membership enrolment forms, ask you to provide some personal information (eg. name and address, e-mail address).
We use your information for a number of purposes which are outlined below:
- to administer and maintain your record(s) (e.g. membership files and volunteering details);
- to ensure that the support we offer you continues to be the most appropriate for your needs;
- to respond to any other query that you might raise with us about your membership or voluntary work;
- to update our systems and improve our service to you;
- to pass on information about you to banks and building societies for the purposes of collecting subscriptions.
We undertake that we will have in place a level of security appropriate to the nature of the data and the harm that might result from a breach of security.
You can contact us anytime by letter or telephone to change or update your membership details.
Users aged under 18 & Their Parents or Guardians
If you are aged under 18, please ensure you obtain your parent/guardian’s consent before sending any personal information to this website.
We encourage parents and guardians to be aware of the activities in which your children are participating in online, particularly with regard to third party websites. If your children voluntarily disclose information, this may encourage unsolicited messages. We suggest that you discourage your child from providing any information without your consent.
Removal of Material and Access to the Site
- NHSN shall have the right to refuse to allow you access to the website or any part of it at any time and for any reason without giving you any advance notice.
- NHSN shall have the right at any time and for any reason to remove from the website any material posted, uploaded, emailed or otherwise transmitted by you without giving you any advance notice.
- Whilst effort has been taken to ensure that the Site is free from viruses, NHSN gives no warranties that it is indeed free from viruses and you are responsible for ensuring that you have installed adequate virus checking software.
- NHSN shall not be responsible for any viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or other material transmitted with or as part of the website or any other internet site.
- Some of the pages on the website include links to external websites. These are for your convenience only. NHSN does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of these external websites.
Intellectual Property Rights
- NHSN may publish any material you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to it or to the website at its sole discretion and it shall be entitled to make additions or deletions to any such material prior to publication.
- You hereby grant NHSN a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual and worldwide licence to republish any material you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to them or to the website in any format including (without limitation) print and electronic format.
- You hereby waive all of the moral rights that you have under Chapter IV of the of the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988 in respect of any material you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to NHSN or to the website.
Cookies and tracking
Most browsers will allow you to control how cookies are handled, whether they are accepted and how long they are stored for. All browsers do this differently, but if you want to find out more about cookies please see this external third party website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
- Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information on the NHSN website, no warranty is given as to its accuracy or completeness.
- Notwithstanding anything else in these terms and conditions of use, to the fullest extent permitted by law NHSN excludes all warranties (whether express or implied) and all liability to you in respect of the website, its content and your use of it.
Law and Jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions of use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising in relation to the Site shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- If any of these terms or conditions of use should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted and the remaining terms and conditions of use shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Comments and Complaints
If you have any comments or complaints to make about the website please send them to the Natural History Society of Northumbria, Great North Museum – Hancock, Barras Bridge, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4PT or email email@example.com